Give your child a reading foundation. Here are a few fun ways to practice letters and sounds:
1. Read an alphabet book. Talk about each letter and the sound that letter makes.
2. Have magnetic letters on your refrigerator and ask your child to find specific letters.
3. Form letters with playdough, in shaving cream, or by putting salt on a cookie sheet. You can also write letters with sidewalk chalk.
4. Sing the alphabet song.
5. Go on a letter hunt using old magazines. Cut out pictures and words that start with a specific letter, and make a collage.
6. While driving in the car, think of words that rhyme with objects you see (car-star, tree-bee, man-pan).
Amazon donates a portion of your purchases to your chosen charity (at no cost to you)! Just select them as your charity by shopping through Amazon Smiles. Please consider selecting Learning Starts Early. We are committed to supporting early childhood education in Fauquier County. Learn more about Amazon Smiles at smile.amazon.com/gp/ch/list/83-3173712
Help us reach our mission of providing every opportunity we can grant to our communities children, so they may succeed in school and in the workforce. You can show your support for Learning Starts Early by donating directly to our PayPal: https://bit.ly/3CRE3ub Follow us on Facebook.